Friday, May 11, 2012

Personal Birthing Experience

I have 4 children and each birth was definitely different.  I will tell you about the birth of my second daughter, Abby.  Labor started at 4 at night so we headed off to the hospital with our oldest daughter.  Well we didn't realize that we would be going right into a birthing room so my husband had to leave me and drive to the next town to bring our oldest to my parents and then being in an unfamiliar town he got lost on the way back to the hospital but to make matters worse he had to drive back there later to bring her to his sister's now where she would sleep.  Not good.  Well labor was really long and every time my husband left it stopped so they finally induced me, well that happened very quickly and my husband wasn't back and he got lost a second time so he is screaming at me on the phone to give him directions while I was less than an hour away from giving birth, needless to say the nurse took over the phone call and my husband arrived within 10 minutes of me delivering, sooo stressful! 27 hours later

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tracy! It sounds like the birth of your second daughter was quite an ordeal. Twenty-seven hours of labor, I am sure you were at the point of collapsing from exhaustion when it was over. I am surprised that you were brave enough to have two more children after that experience:). I am sure your husband felt badly about losing his cool, but he too was experiencing a lot of stress from all of the back and forth driving, and getting lost twice on top of that. Thank-you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete