Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Time Well Spent

Deeply felt learnings from this program
     When I think back on everything that I have learned from this program, there are many things that come to mind.  First I would have to say is this program taught me that in education we do have a chance to make a difference through drive, determination, collaboration, and perseverance we have opportunity, we just need to be willing to take the first step. In studying issues and trends in education, I have also learned that the field of education is dynamic and forever changing, growing, and embracing new and innovative inclusive environments and practices that consider the diversity of all families and cultures with hopes of instilling an anti-bias approach to learning universally so each and every student has the same opportunities at learning.  In studying education on more of a national level, I have come to understand how many individuals it really takes to set forth standards and guidelines that educators embrace, learn from, and incorporate in everyday practices.  I have also become aware of the differences of educational opportunities there are or in many cases are not available to children. For this I am thankful for the opportunities that children in the area we live in have not only in education but in nutrition, shelter, and support.

Long term goal
One long term goal that I have for myself is to further my education and pursue my PhD.  I would love to be a college professor someday. 

Farewell Message
I just want to thank all of the classmates I have had the honor of sharing thoughts, discussions, and blog assignments with.  I have met some amazing, vibrant, exceptional individuals in the online community at Walden that I never would have ever had the chance to meet. I have learned so much about other cultures and the challenges other educators face in different parts of the world that has made me view the value of education in such a different way.  I also want to thank Dr. E. for making me see beyond my immediate surroundings and encouraging me to develop my thinking more on a global scale viewing not only what obstacles we can see in education, but the ones we don’t.  I also want to thank her for making me realize that value and importance of collaboration in the education field, it has definitely inspired me to have more faith in the value of what we each bring to the field, no matter how small of an organization we work for.  We all have the ability to make a difference.

Favorite Quotes about Children
"Children see magic because they look for it." ~ Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

“A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." ~ Carl Sandburg

“Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to always and forever be explaining things to them." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls, the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands.  Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith.  When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much." ~ Lisa Wingate

“The soul is healed by being with children." ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“Nothing you do for children is ever wasted." ~ Garrison Keillor, Leaving Home

“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."~ Emilie Buchwald


Retrieved from: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/children 


7 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, You said in your post that the field of education is ever changing. I wonder what it will look like 10 years from now. However it looks, I am sure that you will have played a part in making it the best it can be. I wish you the best in all you do. I am privileged to get to know you. Maybe we'll meet again someday in the doctoral program! Take care, Michelle Nutt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy,

    Like you I have learned that the field of education is so robust. From theory, to public policy, curriculums that include learning and play, early childhood education sets the tone for academic success in the children we teach and advocate for. We have the opportunity to make history. How awesome is that! Congratulations on completing this journey. I wish you much success and hopefully we will cross paths again. Lisa Harwell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy,
    I wish you a lot of luck in your future studies. We have all learned so much throughout this course and our past courses that we should all take a moment and congratulate ourselves on a job well done!
    Misty Pace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tracy,

    Congratulations!! :) It has been a pleasure knowing you and learning from you. I have enjoyed reading your posts and comments and I really like the quotes you posted this week. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have great admiration for those who want to pursue their Phd. I would love to do this as well so I can be a professor too. Right now I know I need to focus on paying off my debt first, but hope that mission doesn't stand in the way of coming back and finishing my education and moving on in my career.
    Best of luck to you in your endeavors.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy,
    I wish you the best of luck!! I enjoyed reading your blog and our journey has come to an end!! However it is not over it is just the beginning!! I admire your dream to continue to work and earn your Phd. good luck you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Tracy (You should get use to hearing that),
    I know you will do well with whatever you set your mind to do. Stay focused and keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete